Friday, May 20, 2011

FIAMMA'S FUN FACTS FRIDAY

      IN MEMORY OF BLUEFISH
        SHE LOVED THE WATER

I really like water, too, Hamilton and Tom!  It's fun to take a bath with my two rubber turtles, as long as they dont' snap!  Their names are Myrtle and Hurtle.
When it's time for me to get out of the tub, I climb on my bath rug up to my basket.  Do you see the smile on my face?  That water felt good!  A slide would be nice, too!
I found an article published in 1913 on different animals' grooming routines.  I don't think it's changed much, even in almost 100 years! http://query.nytimes.com/mem/archive-free/pdf?res=F20B12FA385B13738DDDA00994D8415B838DF1D3

I'm going to "shower" you with some fun facts that aren't "wishy-washy":
  • The zorilla (striped polecat) is a skunk-like mammal that lives in Africa and is the smelliest animal on the planet.
  • Camel's hair brushes are not made of camel's hair; they were invented by a man named Mr. Camel.
  • Dogs do not sweat by salivating; they sweat through the pads of their feet. 
  • Spiders were once eaten as a means of treating toothaches.
AND I JUST HAVE TO THROW THIS IN -
The Venus flytrap can eat a whole cheeseburger! 
You have a comment, Tom?
Have you heard of Disney's Bonkers show that ran from 1993-1995?  It stars Bonkers the Bobcat who works in the Hollywood Police Department, but one of the characters is an iguana named Roderick Lizzard.  I found an episode entitled Springtime of the Iguana. http://youtu.be/g4p68tj4ylQ