Thursday, May 26, 2011

WHAT'S MAJOR TOM THINKING ABOUT TODAY?

DisneyCheshireCat.jpg
This is how confident I was when I bet my favorite catnip-filled strawberry that I could beat Caesar in a game of chess.  This is how it really went:
Caesar is the chess champion, known around the house as the Triple C!  He was looking at me, like, "This is going to be so easy, so let's get it over with.
I was giving him the stare right back and was sizing up all the pieces and looking at the left side of the board.
Then I looked in the middle of the board at a different angle.
 
That's when I made my move and several pieces tipped over (those lightning fast paws!)
I straightened up and was going to put the pieces back in their place.
 
But two pieces fell off the board onto the floor and I knew the game was over.
Caesar came over and said, "Sorry, Tom, you'll have to give me your strawberry."
*I ran away with my favorite catnip-filled strawberry and, with my lightning fast paws, tried to pop him in the nose.
*But instead I accidentally poked his eye and I grabbed my strawberry with my left paw.
My lovely, lovely strawberry.  I'm sorry, Caesar, but mom just filled it up with fresh catnip this morning!
I'm sorry, Caesar, I can't even show my face right now.  Please forgive me.

*Dear Readers, please know that both Tom and Caesar were only playing during this filming and this is just the writer's interpretation of what happened. 
It's all just FUN and GAMES!

Maybe I should just stick to playing checkers with Charlotte, but she is the checkers champ - another Triple C!  She's giving me that look and she's playing with one ear back!  I'm not betting my strawberry this time!!