Tuesday, May 24, 2011

DEAR TABBY

beagle puppy clip artDEAR TABBY:  My big brother and I play hide-and-seek with our neighborhood friends and we usually have a great time!  Lately, he's had help from our beagle, Billy, finding me in my hiding places.  I have told him that it’s not fair, but he thinks it’s funny and so does everyone else!  I don't want to stop playing because I love the game so much, but I feel like I'm being picked on because I'm the little sister.  Any suggestions, Tabby?  
HOUNDED BY A BEAGLE.

DEAR HOUNDED BY A BEAGLE:  Your big brother has pulled an Illegal Beagle move!  It may be funny and enjoyable to everyone else, but it's not fair when your brother's not seeking!  Beagles are known to be good scent hounds and can track rabbits and small game.  They also have a very cute baying sound when they find their target!  I'm sure Billy is very pleased when he "finds" you and doesn't know he's spoiling the game!  Hopefully, some of your neighborhood friends have a Bloodhound that can find your brother when it’s his time to hide.  Bloodhounds are considered to be the best trackers of all!  I’m sure he’ll start playing fair after he's been "hounded" a few times!

Of course, we're familiar with Snoopy the beagle of the Peanuts cartoon, but did you know that a ship called the HMS Beagle was the first ship to sail under the new London Bridge in July of 1820?  The HMS Beagle was used in three journeys.  The second was a 5-year journey where Charles Darwin was on board, and his work eventually made the Beagle one of the most famous ships in history!

Free clipart of Peanuts characters Snoopy and Woodstock sitting on dog houseLet's watch a video and maybe your mom and dad can show you how to play London Bridge? Video 

Have you played Peanut's Collectors Monopoly game yet?  It looks fun, doesn't it?  Why don't we watch the Peanuts gang sing Happiness, from You're a Good Man Charlie Brown.  It's so sweet, and you can also see Snoopy bay at the moon!  http://youtu.be/hKKjqzkGo3o