Monday, March 21, 2011

INTRODUCTION

Hello, my name is Blog Dog Dan!  I am a M-U-T-T (mom says it stands for Most Unique Tail Thumper).  I will have to "dig" up a picture of myself and show you, but I'm pretty shy when someone gets out their camera. 

My best friends are Charlotte and Caesar, who live next door; Tabby Cat, who has an advice column called Dear Tabby; Hairy Trotter, who will be talking about events and happenings around town; and Blog Hog Hamilton, who really likes to "ham" it up and tell funny jokes, rhymes, and riddles.  They will be visiting with me from time to time on this page!  I will be telling you stories about my day, too (my owner takes me to work with her and I visit with the kids in the daycare center). 

Come join my blog (with your parents' permission) and we'll have so much fun together!  I hope you enjoy this story by Charlotte and Caesar's owner:

 
IF MY DOG HAD A JOB

If my dog had a job, what would it be
He’s from a long line of champions and has a fine pedigree
If my dog had a job, what would he do
Work just for the money, or for a goal he could pursue

He loves riding in cars and feeling the wind in his face
Maybe he could be a Nascar driver and win a big race
He might drive a big rig and travel state to state
What would he choose; what would be his fate

He loves eating his food and cleaning his bowl
Would he be a professional chef; would that be his goal
He might own a little café or a fancy restaurant
What would he wish for; what would he want

He loves playing with his ball and running in the yard
He could be a professional football player like Brett Favre
He might play for a big league or on a local team
Would that be his destiny; would that be his dream

He loves other animals and has a very kind heart
He could be a veterinarian or a zookeeper to start
He might work in a big city or in his hometown
Would he be afraid to go for it; would he back down

He loves going for walks and learning new tricks
He could join the circus and do cartwheels and kicks
He could go on the high wire and be just as brave
Would he be so bold; is it something he craves

If your dog had a job, what would he do
Would you want him to be like your parents or you
If your dog had a job, what would he be
Or maybe it’s enough just to be happy and free