Friday, April 8, 2011

FIAMMA'S FUN FACTS FRIDAY

F
L
O
W
E
R

C
H
I
L
D


I'm diggin' that peace vibe, Dan!  Check out the flower in my beautiful tie-dyed hair - I kind of want to eat it!  Also, check out my breakfast this morning.  I'm a vegetarian and I love greens and fruits.  This salad was turnip greens and dandelion greens with yellow squash, blackberries, and strawberries. 

Besides The Beatles, I was trying to think of some other rock bands that have insect names.  Here's a few I came up with that I bet your mom, dad, or grandparents remember, but you'll think the names are funny:  Buddy Holly and The Crickets, Adam Ant, The Boll Weevils, and The Cockroaches.  Now, you may not have heard of The Cockroaches, but...........two of the members of The Wiggles were members of The Cockroaches.  Look at my Friday facts about insects below:

Honeybees never sleep.
Honeybees fly at 15 miles per hour.
Only female bees work.
The katydid hears through holes in its hind legs.

Parents:  A great website from a Registered Dietitian about nutrition and meal preparation is http://www.raisehealthyeaters.com/.  Read 8 Salads That Will Get Your Kids Hooked.