Thursday, March 24, 2011

FIAMMA'S FUN FACTS FRIDAY

I'm the newest member of the Blog Dog Dan team!  I am an iguana, and my name means "flame" in Italian.  I am in my shedding period right now, so I don't look my best, but I am dazzling once this process is done!  Even though fruit is only 10% of my diet, I LOVE blackberries, watermelon, and bananas - that's the purplish blue spots on my neck in the picture (blackberry juice).  Do I need to explain the banana peel hat I have on?  I like yellow squash, turnip greens, collard greens, and dandelion greens.  The temperature in my room is usually 90-100 degrees in the daytime and near 80 degrees at night.  I also have special lights and climbing branches.  I'll show you my full habitat on one of the posts.  Speaking of such, I will be sharing some interesting and fun facts you probably have never heard of.  Here are five great facts to share with your family and friends:
  • Despite the white, fluffy appearance of the fur of a Polar Bear, it actually has black skin.
  • Cats use their whiskers to check whether a space that they are about to enter through, is too small for them to fit through or not.
  • Vanilla is the world's most favorite ice cream flavor.
  • It's impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.
  • The ears of a cricket are located on the front legs, just below the knee.