Wednesday, July 6, 2011

TROTTIN' ABOUT TOWN WITH HAIRY TROTTER

This little girl sure got in the spirit and is holding up the flag she made in school for the Fourth of July holiday!  I have to admit that the loud fireworks SPOOKED me a couple of times on July 4th, but I still had a BLAST!  Besides watching the fireworks on Monday, I was lucky enough to see a great movie, Mr. Popper's Penguins.  Don't leave this movie out in the cold!  You know that one of my favorite movies is Spirit - Stallion of the Cimarron.  I love the bald eagle flying in the beginning.
Many people consider the horseshoe a symbol of good luck.  Some believe to hang it with the ends pointing upwards is good luck, as it will hold any good luck that happens to be floating by.  To hang it with the ends pointing down is bad luck, as all the good luck will fall out.

Have you ever played horseshoes?  It's a fun game, but I don't think this guy has the right "equipment."  At least it's a clean horseshoe! 

Is this a lucky duck?

How about a lucky squirrel?

He considers himself lucky to be in the water!

You have to love the song Lucky by Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat with this video: