Thursday, June 16, 2011

WHAT'S MAJOR TOM THINKING ABOUT TODAY?

MAJOR THOMAS JEFFERSON CAT
With all the talk this week about dads, I started dreaming about my father.  I don't know who he is or what he looks like, but I would like to thank him for being a part of me.  I was brought to PetSmart from Lied Animal Shelter in Las Vegas, Nevada, and was adopted when I was just over one year old.  I know that because of my father, I was given life - and because of my adoptive family - I am given a very good life.  I have seen my adoption papers - my name was Tommy when Jamey adopted me, described in my papers as a neutered, domestic shorthair, white and gray tabby cat.  Jamey adopted another orange cat at the same time (Ruffy) and he had one cat at home (Smokey).  I didn't get along so well with Ruffy and Smokey, so Jamey's mother-in-law and father-in-law took me home to Texas.  As you know, I live here with Caesar, Charlotte, and Fiamma.  They have told me this is my forever home.  I am a very lucky and special cat. 

I want to tell you about some famous people and their lucky cats, too. Writer Ernest Hemingway loved cats and was quoted as saying, "A cat has absolute emotional honesty."  "Human beings, for one reason or another, may hide their feelings, but a cat does not."  President Abe Lincoln owned the White House's first cat, Tabby, who was sometimes fed at state dinners!  President Bill Clinton adopted Socks in 1991 after he jumped into the arms of daughter Chelsea Clinton while she was leaving the house of her piano teacher in Little Rock, Arkansas!  Socks was always handsome in his black-and-white "tuxedo."

Speaking of great cats, let's watch a Tom and Jerry episode of Love That Pup (Spike and Tike).

Let's listen to one of my favorite songs by Rodney Atkins, "Watching You."

MAKE PET ADOPTION YOUR FIRST OPTION