Tuesday, June 21, 2011

DEAR TABBY

Watch out for this "wild" driver!
Dear Tabby:  I am a stay-at-home dad of two young kittens.  More often than not, I am the "taxi" for my friends and neighbors.  I also serve on several committees, but there's one that I am particularly passionate about and that is C.A.D.D. – Cats Against Dumb Drivers.  We aim to make drivers more aware of kids and animals playing in the neighborhood yards and streets, especially in the summer, and to obey the posted speed limit.  This time of the year, more moms are out strolling their babies, too.  Also, as some animals are nocturnal, it’s especially important to be watchful at night.  I would appreciate it, Tabby, if you would get this message out to your readers.  MR. MOM, CAT SPRING, TEXAS.
DEAR MR. MOM:  You sound as busy as a three-legged cat in a dry litter box!  I have heard of C.A.D.D. and it deserves everyone's support, paws down!  In my neighborhood, there are a lot of strolling squirrels and they sometimes run right out in front of you when you're driving.  I think we all need to slow down, especially in residential areas, and let the kids and animals play safely.  Thanks for the reminder, because you never know when this pair is going to come into your neighborhood:

Hopefully, you haven't seen this guy toiling around either!

IT'S DEFINITELY GOING TO BE A LONG DAY - 14-1/2 HOURS OF DAYLIGHT!