Friday, June 24, 2011

FIAMMA'S FUN FACTS FRIDAY

I do love the "dog days of summer," but I would like them to be called the "iguana days of summer."  I love the summer months because I spend more time outside, but I still have to have shaded areas to cool down, and my room temperature is around 80 at night when I go to bed.  Also, please watch out for iguanas crossing the street in your neighborhood, especially in Florida.  We might even fall from the trees sometimes!
Tom had the 100th post yesterday and didn't even mention it!  With all the "hot air" on the blog this week about therapy this and therapy that, I have to bring the work week to an end at post 101!  I'm being sarcastic because THERE ARE NO THERAPY LIZARDS to talk about.  I am glad there are special animals that can help out our two-legged people friends, both physically and mentally.  I try to do my part locally; just look at this picture with me bringing some tissue and liquid vitamins to a friend who has a cold. 
There are two forms of therapy that are very useful, and that's aromatherapy and laughter.  Aromatherapy is the use of plant oils for healing.  Some oils are used for physical healing (swelling or infections) while others are used for psychological healing (relaxing or stimulating effect).  A French chemist (René-Maurice Gattefossé) founded the science of aromatherapy in 1928.  He discovered its healing benefits when working with soldier's wounds in World War I and was amazed to see the benefits of lavender in treating burns and removing all burn scars. 
You know the saying, "Laughter is the best medicine," don't you?  Well, I have some fun facts about laughter that's "nothing to laugh about":
  • If you laugh 100 times, it’s the same thing as cycling 15 minutes on your bike.
  • Laughter encourages concentration on "right" attitudes rather than "wrong" attitudes.
  • Laughter releases anger, fear, guilt, anxiety, and tension.
  • Aside from improving our moods, laughter can reduce stress, help fight infection, and reduce pain.
The animals I live with are my therapy.  Life is always better when it's shared with someone you love.
Two heads are better than one
Bunny and Bear at Caesar's Palace
That hat looks familiar....
We'll get a little more "therapy" with Mr. Bean: