Wednesday, June 1, 2011

HAMMIN' IT UP WITH BLOG HOG HAMILTON

Can you believe that people kept asking me if I had any ribs to spare this weekend?  That really burns my bacon, but you know I still have my funny bone!!!  I went around the yard and asked my "real friends" what they had to eat on Memorial Day and this is what they said:

We grilled our acorns this year

I had smoked acorns - I'm still stuffed!

We ran out of propane, so Martha cooked our acorns in the oven
 
I sauteed acorns in a lemon butter sauce - what did Stan and Martha have?
There you have it - now that's a rib tickler!

Porky Pig was a funny fellow, too, and his first appearance was in the 1935 film I Haven't Got a Hat (the 100th Looney Toons Short), along with several other new Warner Brothers characters (see the list below)Daffy Duck was introduced two years later in 1937, and Bugs Bunny in 1940.
  • Beans the Cat, a mischievous young cat
  • Little Kitty, a nervous girl cat
  • Porky Pig, a stuttering pig
  • Oliver Owl, a haughty owlet who taunts Beans
  • Ham and Ex, twin singing puppies
http://youtu.be/YTnf78EQ7nw

Th-th-th-th-th...That's all folks!!